Digital First Responder Course - Des Moines
Join us for our 1-day Digital First Responder Class! A great way to train your IT staff in fundamental incident response and digital forensic preservation, and ramp up new incident responders quickly and cost-effectively. Includes an Incident Response tabletop exercise plus three hands-on labs, in which you will create a forensic image, preserve volatile memory, and capture network traffic.
625 E Court Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309
- Incident Detection, Triage and Communication
- Evidence Preservation Fundamentals
- Network-Based Evidence Acquisition
- Hard Drive Imaging
- Volatile Evidence Collection [memory, processes, network connections, etc.]
- A bootable Kali Linux USB with digital forensics tools
- Workbook with three labs and sample incident response policies
Who Should Take This Class:
- IT staff tasked with responsibility for detecting and triage of incidents on computer systems
- Incident response team members who are involved in responding to data breaches
- Help Desk staff that may be the first point of contact for reports of suspicious activity
- Anyone with a general technical background who might be asked to respond to a suspected cybersecurity incident
|Early Bird Registration||May 23||$445|
|Regular Registration||June 1||$495|
|Late Registration||June 6||$545|
Students should bring:
- Windows laptop capable of booting off of a USB thumb drive, with a power cable. (We will give you Kali Linux thumb drives to boot off of for the exercises.)
- Separate USB thumb drive, large with more storage space than the RAM of your computer. Typically 32G works well. We will be formatting these during class, so please make sure there’s nothing on there that you care about. Also, you don’t want them to be huge (ie 128G) because that can take a long time to format.
- Smartphone capable of taking photographs, or digital camera.